Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Olympic Curling

This is a very pointless post, but I want to make sure I write this down somewhere, because it is going to happen!! One of my favorite things about every two years is the Olympics, its a true passion of mine to watch every second!! I would love to be an Olympian! One of my favorite sports in the Olympics is Curling (I realize I am probably one of the only Americans dumb enough to say that). Just for the record, I blame my parents for not getting me started on my Olympic future, because they did NOT get me plugged into a Curling Club, and did not offer that to me as a sport to play while growing up (and if you know me, I have played every other one out there). Mom and Dad, if you read this, sorry for the low blow but come on guys..what were you thinking!! However, there is light at the end of the tunnel...the good news is: Olympic Curlers can be old!! So, that means I have time to get plugged in to a Curling Club (yes, I did look them up online, and there are none in Mississippi so I have to transfer colleges again..haha JK!!) and begin the rigorous training involved with becoming an Olympic Curler! Anyways, with all of that said, here is the point of this pointless post. I made a bet with my current roommates. My roommate Taylor, who has no faith in my dream and hates tattoos, and my roommate Brittany, who has a tattoo and thinks I dream too much, both have to get a tattoo of the Olympic rings somewhere on their body if I make it to the Olympics by 2030. Haha, I know that sounds like a long time, but come on..I haven't even played the sport yet! Its 20 years, so I figure if I can compete competitivey in all the sports I have up to now in 21 years, then I can master a new sport in 20 years if its my only focus!! So, moral of the story is I will begin pursuing my dream to become an Olympic Curler over the next 20 years. Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment